Friday, March 27, 2009

What a Mess!

Jeff went on a campout with the Deacon's Quorum tonight, and I often find that when he is gone, I try to tackle odd projects. Tonight I tried to make strawberry jam by myself. I've done the freezer kind before, but I tried to do the kind you have to cook. I ended up fairly frustrated with a burnt finger, a screaming poopy baby, and a huge sticky mess in my kitchen!
I think the directions said to let the jam sit for 24 hours, so I won't know until tomorrow if it even tastes good!
I kind of spilt a few of the jars of jam while I was trying to clean them up- Luckily I jumped out of the way and just barely missed spilling the boiling hot jam on my bare feet! That would have been really bad!

The little man was in his Bumbo chair (which I now have named his pooping chair) on the kitchen counter through all this mess and he was not happy. Spreading stickiness as I went, I picked him up to find that he had once again pooped in the Bumbo (this happens regularly) and for some reason, whenever he poops in the bumbo, it never stays in his diaper but instead makes a mess up to his ears!!!

So while the dogs enjoyed licking up the jam from the floor, Maxton got to play in the tub! He loves the tub!

Moral of the story- I need to not tackle projects while Jeff is gone- I'm wishing now that I would have settled for a nice quiet evening with a movie!

2 comments:

Matt and Janae said...

Oh no!! Despite the mess the jam looks yummy! I hope that everyone is feeling better. We missed you guys on Saturday!

Boise Mom said...

One bright note...the dogs helped with the clean up. :)
The quiet night with a movie sounds much better but you have got to pat yourself on the back for the 7 jars of jam that did get done.